We are looking for wall hung artwork created by Bridge users.
* Work will be selected on the basis of quality but with consideration for curation of exhibitions.
* Submissions can be made by artists who work in any medium including but not limited to ceramics, jewellery, drawing, painting, graphic art, textiles and/or photography.
* The exhibition space at the Bridge is primarily suited to work that can be fixed to a wall. There is some space for free standing small pieces in glass cabinets.
* Work must be of exhibition quality and in excellent condition.
* Framed work must be mirror plated at the sides midpoint with sufficiently robust plates for the weight of the piece and wrapped in protective paper or bubble wrap. The mirror plate is for your protection as it prevents it being removed from the wall.
* If you need help with mirror plates please contact Paul or Bonnie in advance. Do not leave un-mirror plated work at The Bridge as it might not be hung.
* Fragile pieces must be wrapped in suitably protective packaging.
* The Bridge will take every care with work submitted but we cannot be held responsible for any damage, loss or theft. You will need to make your own arrangements to insure against this,
* Artists will be responsible for delivering and collecting their work from the Bridge.
* All work must list the following information on a label on the back.
Title of the work,
The name of the artist.
If for sale the price or marked NFS,
Your address and a contact number and/or email address
*Please ensure labels are fitted to each work securely as if it falls off we may not be able to contact you.
* For our records a duplicate of this information must be made on an a separate A4 sheet or sheets of paper and handed in with your work, this will enable us to contact you if there is anyone interest in purchasing or inquiring about your .
PLEASE NOTE - The Bridge Centre for Visual Arts cannot insure any submitting or exhibiting works. It is the responsibility of all exhibitors to arrange insurance of any and all submitted and/or exhibited work whilst on the premises.
There is no fee for exhibiting in this exhibition but a commission of 20% is payable to the Bridge on any sales made
Work can be left at the Bridge during normal opening times 10am - 4pm from Saturday 3rd June to Saturday 17th of June. Work left after this date may not be included in the exhibition.
You may submit one piece of work only.
The exhibition will close Friday 11th August and work can be collected from Saturday the 12th August.
Now The Bridge's future is assured we are seeking artists wishing to exhibit in for periods of eight weeks at the Bridge from August 2017 onwards.
The main space is the main corridor and the cross corridor but smaller exhibitions can be hung in the Top and Corner Studios.